Striking design. Strong performance. Advanced technologies. Refined appointments. These qualities have always helped set the GMC Acadia midsize SUVs apart from its competitors, but the newly redesigned 2020 GMC Acadia continues to distinctively deliver those attributes.
DISTINCTIVE DESIGN, REFINED INSIDE AND OUT
GM built upon Acadia’s already taut, athletic form by infusing it with the bold, powerful attitude and precision-crafted detailing that are hallmarks of GMC design. From the A-pillars forward, the 2020 Acadia wears all-new sheetmetal. Drawing inspiration from the Next Generation Sierra 1500, Acadia’s strong, expressive hood flows into a wide, tall, bold grille, which neatly interlocks with both the front bumper fascia and headlamps in a geometric fashion.
Acadia’s striking headlamp design incorporate LED lighting technology on all trim levels, and also incorporate GMC’s distinctive C-shaped signature lighting elements, which provide a recognizable design cue even at night. LED lighting is also used in Acadia’s new taller tail lamp design, and within the fog lamps on Acadia SLT models.
As always, the Acadia Denali builds upon Acadia’s distinctive appearance with a variety of unique exterior touches and detailing. A Denali-exclusive grille, which incorporates eye-catching three-dimensional elements and unique finishing, is flanked by chrome surrounds and unique headlamp bezels. Acadia Denali models receive body-colored lower trim elements (including a unique lower front fascia), Denali emblems debossed into side and rear trim moldings, and new 20-inch aluminum wheels.
ELEVATED INTERIOR APPOINTMENTS
Beauty is only skin deep – that’s why GM also set to further enhance Acadia’s already contemporary interior design. They’ve expanded the use of premium, soft-touch materials throughout the cabin, including along the sides of the centre console. Acadia Denali models go a step further, incorporating open-pore wood accents throughout the interior, and offering a unique Dark Galvanized/Light Shale two-tone color scheme, inspired by modern architecture and interior decor.
Acadia’s center console has also been carefully redesigned to provide additional functionality. By incorporating the new Electronic Precision Shift controls first introduced in the GMC Terrain, Acadia’s centre console has been redesigned and optimized for convenient storage – storage trays are enlarged, cupholders are placed side-by side, and a new storage area created underneath the upper surface, perfectly sized for a tablet or small bag.
Acadia’s interior is as functional as it is attractive. In six and seven-passenger configurations, the Smart Slide functionality of the curbside second-row seat allows it to easily slide and tilt forward for access to the third row. A 50/50 split third-row seat folds to provide a completely flat load floor, while release levers placed within the cargo area make it easy to quickly fold the second and third-row seats without walking around the vehicle.
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND CONNECTIVITY
A modern vehicle should be as forward-thinking and connected as you are – which is why GM worked to equip the 2020 Acadia with a number of innovative technologies designed to help you stay up-to-date, even while on the go.
To start, the 2020 Acadia is available with the Next Generation GMC Infotainment system, which incorporates an 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, along with an improved user interface. This system also provides
Acadia models equipped with available embedded navigation also incorporate
Keeping devices charged while traveling can also be important, and Acadia is certainly up to that task, with no fewer than 5 USB
The 2020 Acadia is available with a number of active safety
The Driver Alert package, available on Acadia SLE and standard on Acadia SLT, AT4, and Denali, includes:
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Provides the driver with an illuminated warning in the side view mirrors before and during a lane change maneuver if a moving vehicle is detected in or rapidly approaching the driver’s blind zones.
- Rear Cross Traffic When in Reverse, Rear Cross Traffic Alert can provide alerts to help the driver avoid colliding with approaching detected left or right cross-traffic, such as when backing out of a crowded parking space or driveway with side obstructions.
- Rear Park This can help drivers avoid certain objects when backing up at low speeds. Rear Park Assist may not detect all children, pedestrians, bicyclists, animals or objects below the bumper. Drivers should remember to always check the area around the vehicle before backing up and make sure the Rear Vision Camera lens is kept clean of mud, dirt and snow.
The Driver Alert Package II, which is available on Acadia SLT and AT4 models and standard on Acadia Denali, builds off the Driver Alert I package by adding:
- Automatic Emergency Braking: In some emergency low-speed front-end collision situations, this feature can help reduce crash severity or even help avoid it by either applying the brakes automatically if the driver has not already done so, or enhancing the driver’s braking.
- Forward Collision This system can warn drivers of a possible front-end collision situation with a vehicle they are following.
- Front Pedestrian In some emergency front-end collision situations, the available Front Pedestrian Braking feature can help reduce injury or avoid the collision with pedestrians by applying the brakes automatically or enhancing the driver’s braking.
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Provides gentle steering wheel input and alerts to help prevent drivers from unintentionally drifting out of their intended lane.
- Intellibeam headlamps: High-beam headlamps can automatically be switched on when it is dark enough and there no other traffic is present, and then turned off when conditions warrant such as when another vehicle is approaching.
- Front and Rear Park This can help drivers avoid certain objects in front or behind the vehicle’s path during low-speed parking.
- Safety Alert Intuitively communicates the direction of a possible collision threat by pulsing the corresponding sides of the driver’s seat.
Acadia Denali is also available with a 6” diagonal color Head Up Display, which may help drivers keep eyes on the road by projecting key vehicle information onto the windshield, low in the driver’s field of vision. Additionally, Acadia Denali offers an available Rear Camera Mirror, which can provide a wider, less obstructed field of view compared to traditional inside rearview mirrors.
REFINED DRIVING EXPERIENCE
Acadia’s powertrain options expand further for the 2020 model year. A 2.5L four-cylinder remains the base engine offering in Acadia SL and SLE models, while a potent 3.6L, 310-hp V6 engine is available, and standard on Acadia AT4.
2020 Acadia SLT and Acadia Denali models are equipped with an all-new 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine as standard equipment. Producing 237 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, this engine is designed to provide the perfect blend of power and efficiency, along with premium refinement. A twin-scroll turbocharger helps the engine respond punctually off the line, while variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management allow the engine to adjust for power or efficiency, as demanded by the driver.
All 2020 Acadia models are also equipped with a new nine-speed automatic transmission, and also feature start/stop technology (with deactivation button) which, when active, can stop the engine when the vehicle comes to a halt in order to reduce fuel consumption, and automatically re-start the engine.
Acadia is available in either front or all-wheel drive configurations, and incorporate a Traction Select system, which allows the driver to adjust chassis and powertrain attributes to suit a variety of driving conditions. The Acadia AT4 features an advanced Twin-Clutch all-wheel drive system, which further enhances traction on loose surfaces or broken terrain. For 2020, Acadia’s rear suspension tuning has been revised to provide improved ride quality over rough roads. Acadia Denali also continues to offer Continuous Dampening Control, which adjusts suspension damper tuning in real time to optimize ride and handling for the road at hand.
If you’re looking for a stylish, capable, and impeccably refined midsize SUV, consider the new 2020 GMC Acadia. Look for the 2020 Acadia to arrive at Zimmer Wheaton in the fall of 2019.